Dusk 2 Dawn (D2D) is a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Mobile Care Initiative designed to provide planned drop-in services to people with a disability living in the Cairns and Tablelands districts. It is operated by FNQILSA in collaboration with the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services as well as other disability support agencies registered with the department.
- D2D delivers flexible support for people with a disability who are living independently or with a carer/family member, in order to enable them to live in their own home.
- D2D provides individualised support that is sensitive to the needs of the individuals who use the service; it does not replace natural supports or supports that can be accessed through other available services.
- D2D takes a preventative and early intervention approach designed to avoid people having to leave their homes to receive accommodation support.
Who is Dusk 2 Dawn Here For?
- Dusk 2 Dawn can provide up to 8 hours per week of support to people aged 18 to 65 years, whom are eligible to receive assistance through Disability Services and;
- Have an immediate need that can be met through short term drop in support or
- Require additional support that can be met through short term drop in support and the support will replace more intensive supports currently being received.
What supports can Dusk 2 Dawn provide?
Types of supports available include personal care, continence management, bed turns, assistance with medication, assistance with meals and household tasks, or overnight checking service for safety reasons.
What supports can't Dusk 2 Dawn provide?
Dusk 2 Dawn is unable to provide services such as respite, community access, home care or any support that could be met through already established disability support programs, such as individual or block funded support, Home and Community Care, Respite Care or Emergency Care. For more detailed information please contact Disability Services.
How do I access Dusk 2 Dawn?
All referrals for the Dusk 2 Dawn service must be made through Department of Communities - Disability Services.
To have a referral made on your behalf or have your eligibility assessed, please contact a Disability Services Intake Officer on (07) 4048 9900.